The Liberalní Institut has been established on the platform of the F. A. Hayek Club (founded during the period of the “Velvet Revolution” in the Fall of 1989). The F. A. Hayek Club was transformed into the Liberální Institut, which became officially registered on February 6th, 1990.
Our activities are based on the recognition of the following principles:
- All men are created equal and are endowed by inalienable rights to life, liberty and property.
- Individual freedom is the foundation of all other values, provided that it is understood as the negative freedom to protect oneself from external aggression, not as a positive freedom to manipulate others, and provided that freedom and the rule of law are inseparable.
- The individual actor knows best what is in his/her interest (the principle of utilitarian autonomy).
- Freedom is impossible without the institution of private property.
Liberální Institut mainly focuses an activity of research, on which we build our related activities: education (lectures and discussion forums) and publication (articles, studies, translating and publishing, media outreach). Main fields of our research interest are:
- State and its (in)efficiency (size of government, public finance, rent-seeking, regulation).
- Economic policy (welfare state, energy, transport).
Originální věděcké projekty, vlastní výzkum a další aktivity v oblasti vzdělávání
Viewing page 1 of 2|Next Page
Send Message to listing owner